Let’s do our bodies a favor and skip the cereal full of refined sugar for breakfast and instead, have some delicious oatmeal! Spend just a little less than 10 minutes and I can assure you, your body will be happier and healthier than ever!
GREEN SMOOTHIE OVERNIGHT OATS
- The night before, mix ½ cup of oats with ½ cup of water or milk of your choice and leave in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, blend your favorite green smoothie mix (personally, I like spinach, pineapple, protein powder, almond butter with almond milk and ice!).
- Pour your green smoothie on top of your oatmeal and lay out your favorite toppings! (I topped mine with some frozen raspberries, Purely Elizabeth Paleo Granola, and chopped walnuts and almonds).
I love making this recipe on a hot day because the smoothie makes everything so icy and refreshing!
CHOCOLATE HAZELNUT OATMEAL W/ BERRY CHIA JAM
- First of all, put 1 cup of frozen berries in the microwave for 3 minutes, then mix the melted berries with 2 TBSPs of chia seeds and 2 TBSPs of apple sauce. Let it cool in the fridge.
- In a pot, put ½ cup of oats with 1 cup of water or milk of your choice. Bring to a simmer and add 1 TBSP of raw cacao powder, 1 TBSP pure maple syrup, and a pinch of cinnamon.
- Pour the oatmeal into a bowl and top it with the berry chia jam, trail mix, Purely Elizabeth Paleo Granola and my favorite, Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter!
This recipe is great if you’re craving chocolate as soon as you wake up (because I want chocolate everyday)! It’s also great for chilly mornings because the warm chocolaty oatmeal and the hint of cinnamon will warm you up nice and cozy!