In today’s society, there is an endless amount of *noise* + a pressure surrounding connectedness. This constant stream of activity doesn’t tend to foster opportunities for solitude very well. In fact, there’s practically a stigma against quiet time. With an incessant need for productivity, taking a break can seem nearly out of the question. But more + more so, research points to the importance of quiet time. Here’s why:
- Quiet time is needed for rest + renewal.
- It’s essential for reflection + contemplation.
- It allows you to discover + determine what is important to you.
- It enables better focus + allows you to prioritize responsibilities.
- Regular quiet time reduces stress.
- Quiet time nourishes both body + soul.
- + It is healing.
With the sheer amount of external stimulation there is, I think it’s important that we regularly allot quiet time into our daily lives. Quiet time can be *transformative.* It has the power to change your life + mindset. Try setting aside a few minutes of your day for quiet time, follow it consistently, + see what unfolds.